Popular Posts


08 August 2010

yum update | bypass download limit

It is not a trick or hack anyway, it just another method of how to install or yum update several packages which is more than downloadable size due to proxy or anything.

So, in my case, I believe my download limit is 47Mb in UTP. So, the package of the openoffice.org-core is 87Mb. So, there is now way to update the package via yum update.

I can't update openoffice.org because the -core package must be download first.

What I do is, I download openoffice.org-core ONLY via download manager. Then, we will instruct yum to use openoffice.org-core which we download then update anything else via the command.

yum localinstall openoffice.org-core-3.2.0-12.25.fc13.i686.rpm


Done.

:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More