Popular Posts


12 March 2010

The Last Lecture

ATM, I finished reading The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. Thanks to a friend who lend me her book to me. Randy Pausch is a professor in computer field who diagnosed with tumor and only have three to six months to live. He was invited to give a "Last lecture" to the audience.

What was in his mind after he knows he only gonna live within the time frame? That's the thought that keep me through this book. Either, he gonna sadden over the news or enjoy the rest of his life? I got completely wrong. What he was trying to do is, to leave a very fond memories to his beloved Jai (wife), kids (Chloe,Logan, and Dylan) and people who involve with him. He knows Jai will take over the father's job once he leave them. I believe, by the time that this book was wrote, his kid is still young. He want to leave a memory for them because, the last lecture, books will remind them of their fathers whom to me, was a very diligent,smart and wisdom guy.

You should read this book. Seriously.

Talking about the memories. I don't think my late father did what he supposed to. I don't blame him. Might be, he just don't have the time for me. Well, I receive it with open heart. I got my mom all the way with me. I got several pictures with him. I think, 2 or 3 years old with him and I hold my cat. My only toys at that time was a cat. But, I does not mean I twist and kick the cat. And, the last memory I had was in my standard 3. It was my birthday. My mom do ask him a favor to spend time with me. So, we (my dad,mom n I) went to the Pantai Timur at KB. Then, he bought me a watch. A gray watch which I kept until my lil bro throw/ miss placed it.

On the day when he passed away, 30 minutes before he passed away, I cried. My mom decide to go back at home because another members of family had called her. So, she leave me at the house (grandma's house). I did not like the idea she leave me alone with the rest of the family members in a sad environment at that time. So, I went out, sat at the staircase and cried. Later on, my step mother come to get me. She tried to calm down with the assumption I cried because of my father. Am I? I'm not so sure. What I'm aware of, my mother leave me with the rest of the family members. Which, I do not close to. What a 10 years kid can think of?

Am I sad? Might be but not really. Because, I can't remember any single thing what he did except the gray watch. I did not miss the moment because I don't have any moment.

As Randy trying to give the memories to his kids, that reminds me of my past story. His kids are lucky because he try to spend the time with them. Try to forge a memory in their brain so one day, they can remember what their father are made of.

So, yeah.. these good old days. Heh.

:)

2 comments:

lecturer carnegie melon deh?
nok bideo lecture nih?
kawe ado

video last lecture randy paucsh?

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More