Popular Posts


18 March 2011

On the verge to HTC from iPhone | Part 1

Sounds like mobile migration from iPhone to HTC or iOS to Android right?. I'm an avid Apple gadgets for over the past 3 years. I bought my 8Gb iPod while I'm in the Uni. The reason being are, I need a MP3 player with WiFi capabilities, store movies/video clips and touch screen. Therefore, at that time, the only thing in mind is Apple iPod. Because Wifi is my top priority.

Early in 2009, I sold my iPod to LYN forumer for RM650 and from the funding, I further save more money for iPhone 3G. After several weeks doing my observation and study on iPhone 3G, I decided to buy it. And yerp, I bought it from unknown seller. We COD (Cash on Delivery) somewhere. I couldn't remember though.

Since day 1, I'm in love my iPhone. Responsiveness, accurate touch screen, Wifi, Mp3 and jailbreak? Yerp. Jailbreak is the most important feature that I looking forward in Apple product. Oh ya, back in 2009, if I'm not mistaken, it still on 2.2.1 firmware. I like to custom my themes, tones and what ever stuff that can be custom. Shuffling ringtone, virtual memory and terminals. I would say, I maximize my iPhone capabilities about 80% of what iPhone can do. Don't ask me where is 20% because I don't know. :P



Strong community supports also to be consider in my "Why Apple?" list. There are strong community forum that give tips, guides, HOWTO for iPod, iPhone. On of my favourite is www.xsellize.com . Cracked apps! Most of the custom mods like virtual memory and stop iPhone demons were there. A must visit forum for me. Since iPhone is a bit sluggish when you do custom mods, then u must find your way to improve ur iPhone performance. How? Visit xsellize forum.

For about 1 year I possess my iPhone until there is a massive update from 2.x firmware to 3.0 firmware. Heh. Of course, I'm the early adopter in updating software. If it released, I straight away update my phone. About a week, jailbreak came out. Since jailbreak is a must for me, I jailbreak my phone and the problem start to come from that day until today. I lost my wifi!. Since that night, until today, I don't have any wifi at all. The cost for to repair the wifi is about RM400. Nah. Let it be. It looks like I'm loosing the most feature that I need in one night. It give me a such big heart break.

Moving forward, day by day, I'm using 3G data to do most of my mobile stuff. As for today, my iPhone quite sluggish, slow and turtling. It took about 2-3s to open Messages. Maybe this is the consequence of the custom mod, virtual memory mod. I'm aware of this effect in the long term. It just me that I want to try for the sake of my learning curve with iPhone. My home button sinks a little bit. I need to press slightly hard in order to use it. I'm quite dissatisfied with my phone performance right now.

I'm not Apple fanboy. And I don't care if you label me too. iPhone have serve me right about 2 years. To be my first smart phone, I take a good care of it. To do what normal phone can't do like Blackberry, Nokia etc, I think iPhone 3G did a "good job" to me. As for my learning curve, I have tried most of the mods out there. You can read my previous post about iPhone. That's my learning curve. I know a little bit of lot of things because the internet forum out there. You should too. The community, they are wonderful.

Apple basher, go and try on your hands before you bash this great product. I know you bash the product because you "join the bandwagon". How could you review something without you having the experience on your own. Seems absurd isn't it?

So long for iPhone, I think my next phone will be Android phone. Why? There is nothing much or heavy mods on the iPhone scene right now. It may change in the near future, iPhone 5 perhaps. Let's hope so.

Blogging is one of my effort to improve my English. Hope you don't mind and correct me where I'm wrong. Anyway, Part 2 will consist of my specific desire for HTC Incredible S.

4 comments:

can i ask you a question please, what is jailbreak actually? long life modo. :D

haha. hadi,jailbreak tu macam install application yg slain daripada Apple provide. Boleh install application yg plek2. aku xtau do definition die cane. haha.

jailbreaking is removing the imposed limitation from Apple to the iOS to allow full access to the features.

ha! nicely said blindheart. betol la tu. thanks :D

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More